Monday 19 January 2009

100th Birthday Card


I was asked to make this card for a patient who is 100 on Wednesday (I work in a Drs Surgery).

At first I was a bit stumped, not sure what sort of design to use but then I thought you can't really go wrong with flowers (hopefully). I chose sketch #4 from Card Positioning Systems (it's readers choice this week you can choose from any previous sketches, there are 99 to choose from!). I used images from "The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady" which were free with my Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine a while ago, the gorgeous backing paper is by Laura Ashley & I finished the card off with a ribbon & a greeting printed on to cream card.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card for a wonderful occasion .. love what you've done with the flowers and the blue is just so pretty.

Lovely

Debbie
:-))

Sandra said...

Beautiful card....i'm sure she will love it,100 what an age...love those papers too,
Take care
Sandra x

Linda Beeson said...

Great card - great use of the sketch you picked.

Lorraine Robertson said...

Gorgeous card & I'm sure the recipient will love it...

Happy 100th birthday to them from me....

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, wonderful image and papers, so ideal for 100th birthday.

Kim Dellow said...

Oh lovely card, perfect for such a special birthday :) Kim

Lea L. said...

Very pretty! Thanks for reviewing with us this week at CPS...great job on sketch #4!

~Lea

Linanna DESIGNS said...

What a great card for such a wonderful milestone. Wow, 100 years old, how wonderful!! hugs Linda x

Unknown said...

This is beautiful!

Cardmaking Galore said...

this is really lovely - very classic