Wednesday 7 July 2010

More Christmas in July!


I'm trying desperately to catch up with my crafting as Wednesday is my day off :) Hubby has been off work after an knee op & he's back to work tomorrow so we went out for the day which was really  lovely but now I'm trying to get all my crafting/blogging done extra quickly (which is almost impossible lol), while trying not to look at all the housework that needs doing.

On to the card - I thought I'd make an easel card as I haven't made one for ages: I used Dovecraft's Contemporary Christmas papers & decoupage which you can get from Donna's Den (I do like those papers & they such a bargain).  I inked the edges with Brilliance gold ink, used 2 different ribbons & finished off with 2 matching brads, a poinsettia, some tinsel & Stickles glitter glue.  I used my Martha Stewart star punch for the border.


I'm entering this card for these challenges:
Charisma - Metal Mickey
Crafty Angels - Circles & Squares
Crazy 4 Challenges - 2 or more Ribbons
Cards for Men - Christmas
Winter Wonderland - Die Cuts
Speedy the Cat - Die Cuts 
Creative Card Crew - Die Cuts 
Christmas Cards All Year Round - Anything Goes

16 comments:

Kathy said...

Such a festive Christmas card. What a beautiful poinsettia at the bottom.

Faye said...

It is so nice to see a Christmas card and this one is fab, love the tinsel detail. Thanks so much for playing at Charisma. x

Monika Reeck said...

adorable Christmas easel card..love your real flower...I just join too the cards for men...my card is number 16, would you mind to see my blog?Mny thanks before, hugs, Monika

cheryl said...

fab card,hun nice to see a xmas one,I too am trying to play catch up as hubbie is off work this week,too hugs cheryl xxxxx

Deb Neerman said...

LOVE your holiday easel card ... so pretty and festive!

Kym Weber said...

What a pretty easel card! Absolutely love the papers you chose! Fabulous job! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cards for Men! Hope you’ll be joining us for the next challenge!

~Hugs~Kym

Danielle said...

Love your easel card! The papers are so pretty and I love the MERRY CHRISTMAS done in die cuts! Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week!
Hugs, Danielle

Vicki said...

What a lovely easel card!
And we will be using those xmas cards sooner than we think!

HUGS,
Vicki

Holly Young said...

wow, this is fabulous! I so need to work on my Christmas cards. I love the bit of gold tinsel you've got on the side.

Jolanda said...

oh wow,i love this...looks so far away but before you know...it's Christmas...

downrightcrafty said...

Beautiful card, love easel cards, and you have really done a great job with this lovely creation. I too love those papers.
Thanks for playing along with us at Winter Wonderland this week, hope to see you tomorrow for the next challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Donnas Den said...

Great card, Tracey. I love those papers too. Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

Donna x

Lesley said...

I just love easel cards, very cute! Thanks for playing with us at Christmas Cards All Year Round!

Colleen said...

Oh I love this and have been wanting to try some of these types of cards! Thanks for playing with us at CCAYR!

Patricia St Martin said...

Just love your card. How fun, Christmas in July! Wonderful layout. Cute image. Thanks for joining us at Donna's Den of Crafts. Good luck on the challenge.

Pat said...

Very cute card!