Sunday 8 March 2009

Mother's Day Card


Hooray it's Sunday & the sun is shinning, I really hope Spring is on the way :o)

Mother's Day is always a funny time of the year for me (as are many other occasions) because I lost my Mum when I was 20 & it's something you never get over. But anyway I've made this card for my Mother-In-Law Joy who is a treasure. I managed to combine 5 challenges for this card:-

Whiff of Joy - Lavender & Lace
My Time to Craft - Hats!
Charisma Cardz- Pretty Cards/Pretty Cards for Mum
ABC - Distressing
Sketch & Stash - I used their fab sketch


The papers are from the Papermania "Amethyst Infusion" stack, the images are from my fantastic new(ish) WOJ Spring set coloured with Prismacolor pencils. I added self adhesive lace, a white flower which I chalked lilac, some punched flowers with gems & finished off with a button covered with Glamour Dust & a printed greeting.

13 comments:

Leanne said...

This is a beautiful card! I love the colours!
Thank you for joining us at charisma cardz challenge - good luck!
Leanne :o)
xx

Ali Watson said...

This is gorgeous love it, thanks so much for joining in the ABC fun.

Jo said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining in with us at MTTC :o) Jo x

Zoe said...

Aww, this is such a gorgeous card, I know that Joy will love it :) x x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Ooooh! this is so pretty Tracey. Those flowers are wonderful. A lovely image to use for a mother's day card. Thanks for joining the Charisma Cardz Challenge.
Sharon xx

Lesley said...

Beautiful card, thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge this week xx

Manifestation said...

Thanks Tracey for sharing such a beautiful card .It would touch the hearts of all the mother's around the globe.Wish you and all Mom's across the globe a tremendous joyful Mother's day.

lol:)
Send gifts to chennai|Send gifts to Bangalore|Send gifts to India

Cathy said...

Such a pretty card - love that image and great distressing.
Thank you for taking part in the Sketch and Stash and ABC challenges.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Chrissie said...

A lovely card Tracey, the colours you've chosen look wonderful.
Thanks for joining in with S&S.

Vee said...

Great card and I love this image and gorgeous colour. Thanks for joining the challenge at Charisma this week.

xx Vee

Becky said...

Beautiful card Tracey, a perfect Mother's Day card!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow this is such a gorgeous card Tracey, love this image and you've coloured it perfectly. Gorgeous papers andlayout too. Have a great weekend away hunny, hugs Linda x

Anonymous said...

Nice to read your blog and the Card is really very beautiful. I visited this mothers day gifting site, it has also very unique gifts for mother.

http://mothersday.indiangiftsportal.com/