Wednesday 23 February 2011

Hooray For A Days Off!


How lovely to have a day off & it's been absolutely pouring with rain all day so I'm glad I haven't had to bike backwards & forwards to work.  This cold, wet, dreary weather has been making me feel a bit miserable lately so I thought I'd cheer myself up with a bit of retail therapy lol & I bought a couple of things from the Fruit Pixie including this stamp plate which was half price & I thought would be great for Christmas cards.  I also caught a bit of Create & Craft & they had Little Claire Designs demoing & I rather like the RWAV (room with a view) Beach Huts stamp set so might have to treat myself to that too :o).

I made a couple of New Home cards as well today & I've been wanting to use these "Where the Heart is" digi papers & elements for ages, I love these papers by Zoe Pearn (one of my fav designers)  from the Sweet Shoppe.  I did a bit of stitching, inking & added brads, flowers & gem.  Sorry about the rubbish photo but I usually take them outside but as I said no chance of that today with the rain.

The challenges:
Simply Create - It's Bright in Here
Res-Q - Something That Makes You Happy (my home)
Totally Papercrafts - Do It With Digi's

11 comments:

NGCARDS said...

Wonderful card hun! Thanks for joining in with our challenge of Stripes at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog!
Don't forget to check out my blog for the Celebration Candy! xxx

cheryl said...

oh love this hun,brilliant love those papers,they are lush,hugs cheryl xxxxx

Jane said...

You're right...the weather's rubbish but your card is fabby. You are a little minx with your "wee" shopping treats, how did you get that all pass "baggage control"!! xxx

Kathy said...

Both are so pretty Tracey, I like the muted color palette. Nothing like a bit of retail therapy to brighten the mood. I hope your weather clears up soon.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Tracey I do love these two cards the images and those papers are gorgeous.
Hugs
Lorraine x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cards Tracey
luv
debby

Denise said...

Fabulous! Love the colors! Thanks for playing RESQ challenge this week!

Mandi said...

Great cards, super mix of papers
Thanks for joining us at TPC
mandi x

Unknown said...

These are so pretty, love their soft colours. . . yes woo hoo for a day off he he :)

Shell said...

I love days off as well, 2 gorjuss cards hun, thanks for joining us this week at creative inspirations.
Shell xx

Cheryl said...

More beautiful cards! I love this paper too. I have the pad. I didn't know it was available digitally.