Wednesday 30 June 2010

For Fun - Patriotic Pride

 I must admit when I saw "Patriotic Pride" on the For Fun challenge list I wasn't looking forward to it as I didn't know what sort of card to make apart from an England football one which I didn't fancy - then I had the idea of making a shrink plastic English flag pendant.  (The idea was that if England beat Germany on Sunday I would wear it to work on Monday & as you know that didn't happen lol).  I coloured the red cross with ProMarkers & punched a hole, shrank the plastic then covered the white parts with Glamour Dust & stuck a  heart gem in the centre for good measure.  I'm entering this into the Crazy Challenge which this week is "Make it in an Hour" (which I did easily though this is my 3rd attempt as the other 2 weren't quite right lol).


Sorry for the rubbish photos, you can't really see the sparkle at all. I have so much to do today & Wednesday is usually my day off but I have to work this afternoon til 6.30 so I'm trying to cram everything into this morn - time for a tea break though I think ;)

6 comments:

Faye said...

This is brilliant, I am especially impressed with how well the plastic has held it's shape, I never manage a perfect rectangle. x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab idea, yeah its a shame England didn't win the footie hun, but you can still wear it cus the England cricket team are beating Austrailia 3-0 in the ODI cricket lol GO ENGLAND!!!
Thanks for joining us at 'The Crazy' this week! Good Luck
hugs shell xx

CraftinGranny said...

What a clever idea Tracey! I love it and you should wear it proud whether you win or not. It's a wonderful creation in support of your country.
"Hugs" Carol

crafty amy said...

This is such a great idea I love it :D

xx

Cheryl said...

What a fun project! Great idea!

Kathy said...

How clever, what a fun little project.