Sunday 14 June 2009

Sunny Sunday

What a gorgeous day today. We went to the cinema again this morning to see "Sunshine Cleaning" (a free screening) & I had no idea what the film was about (especially as I thought it was called Sunshine Clearing lol) it was ok. Mark liked it better than me & was pleased that it had a happy ending lol. We popped to the In-Laws after & had a cuppa & cake in the garden. When I got home I was determined to finish this card that I started last night. I kept it really simple, i thought about adding gems or pearls but I like it as it is. The gorgeous papers are from Designs by Krista Shabby & Tula kits. I used my Nesties, the stamp is from Anna Griffin & is coloured in with Sakura stardust pens & a waterbrush (they give a lovely shimmer). I finished it off with a touch of lace.

This card fits 2 challenges: A Spoon Full of Sugar - "Butterflies" & I used the fab sketch from Stamp Something.

I've been pottering in the garden since finishing this card, potting up my salad leaves & tomatoe plants :-) & as the weather has been so gorgeous I thought I'd take photos of the card in the garden. Now I'm desperate for a cup of tea lol (& maybe a donut, all this work has made me peckish)

4 comments:

Zoe said...

Such a pretty card :) Those papers are gorgeous and I love the way that you have given dimension to the butterfly. Fabby!!
Zoe x

having a {me} day said...

Simple and effective! I love the butterfly, very elegant. katxx

Shelly said...

Really pretty card, love the 3D effect of the butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week!
Shelly x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good evening Tracy wow hunny you have made so many gorgeous cards since my last visit. I love them all. I hope you are well hunny, i will drop you an email later this week. I don't know if you are interested but i have blog candy on my blog this week. Speak soon hugs Linda x